The €3,379 monthly figure is what makes this Berlin 5-bed condo look attractive at a €519,800 purchase price. On a simple annual calculation it produces a gross yield of about 7.8%, but I have not yet confirmed how much of that monthly amount is rent retained by the owner rather than utilities or other pass-through charges.
The headline return is tempting, although financing is only one part of the risk. I am allowing for management, tenant turnover, insurance, owner-paid condo costs, routine repairs and a larger building expense, but several inputs remain estimates. Which document or cost history would you obtain first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?
The headline return is tempting, although financing is only one part of the risk. I am allowing for management, tenant turnover, insurance, owner-paid condo costs, routine repairs and a larger building expense, but several inputs remain estimates. Which document or cost history would you obtain first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?