Bengaluru serviced apartments: does a 3.3% price move matter when financing is costly?

EarlyBrick

First-time buyer
Established
I sampled Bengaluru serviced apartments marketed between ₹75,150,000 and ₹112,700,000. The apparent price movement is +3.3%, while median marketing time is about 120 days, although differences in condition make the average noisy.

I’m deciding whether that 3.3% signals real firmness or merely optimistic asking prices. With buyer financing costs in the mix, are sellers negotiating enough to keep financed buyers engaged, or do those buyers generally abandon one listing and move to another?
 
A financed buyer may do either, depending on seller motivation. Some will reduce their offer to preserve the same monthly budget; others will walk if there is comparable new stock. Your 120 days is more informative if you separate completed sales from listings that were withdrawn or repeatedly relaunched. Is the 3.3% based on asking prices or completed transactions?
 
It is asking-price movement, not completed sales, so I may be giving it too much weight. The sample also crosses neighbourhood boundaries and mixes renovated units with ones needing work. I’ll narrow those categories. What I’m missing is whether price cuts tend to happen early enough to retain buyers, or only after a listing has sat for most of those 120 days.
 
I wouldn’t frame financing costs as something sellers directly negotiate. They negotiate the property price and sometimes timing or certainty; the buyer’s loan cost remains the buyer’s constraint. A seller with no urgency may simply wait. Recent completed sales and the number of withdrawn listings will tell you more about bargaining power than the headline 3.3%.
 
That said, price-cut timing could expose motivation. Track the original asking price, first reduction and eventual outcome for each listing. A cut near the end of the marketing period means something different from a realistic launch price. Also keep relisted properties together rather than treating each appearance as fresh stock, or both volume and marketing time may mislead you.
 
Another complication is whether all the serviced apartments are genuinely comparable. Condition is one issue, but buyers may also react differently to the particular property setup and ongoing obligations. Before blaming financing, group the sample as tightly as possible and compare like with like. How much new-listing volume appeared during the same period? Plenty of alternatives would make walking away easier.
 
I’d build three small groups: completed sales, still-active listings and withdrawn stock. Within each, use narrow neighbourhood boundaries and similar condition, then record asking-price changes and days marketed. If the +3.3% survives that exercise and completed prices support it, it is more persuasive. If asking prices rose while withdrawals and late cuts accumulated, the market may be weaker than the headline suggests. Financing matters, but seller motivation and available substitutes decide whether it becomes a negotiated discount.
 
Back
Top