Bengaluru mixed-use properties: is 102 days a misleading sample?

red_birch

Real estate agent
I’m reviewing Bengaluru mixed-use buildings priced from ₹27,390,000 to ₹41,080,000. My sample this month suggests roughly 102 days to find a buyer, with most outliers apparently connected to insurance issues.

Renovated properties seem to move quickly, while buildings needing work tend to receive price cuts and remain listed. Are recent completed sales showing the same pattern, or is the 102-day figure distorted by listings that are still online?
 
One weakness in my count is that I haven’t separated withdrawn stock from genuine sales. I also need to compare when the first price cut happened rather than treating all days online equally. If anyone is comparing similar properties, how tightly are you drawing the neighbourhood boundaries?
 
The active listings could easily skew the figure upward because the slowest properties remain visible. I’d start with completed deals and withdrawals, then add new-listing volume for the same period. Otherwise 102 days may describe the leftover stock rather than the market. Are the renovated and unrenovated buildings actually comparable in location and layout?
 
I’d be cautious about attributing the difference mainly to condition. At this price level, buyer financing and seller motivation can change the timeline even when two buildings look similar. A seller who cuts early is not comparable with one holding firm for months. Also, “Bengaluru” is too broad unless your sample stays within consistent neighbourhood boundaries.
 
The awkward part is that the current sample mixes outcomes that answer different questions. I would separate completed deals, withdrawals and active stock before drawing a conclusion from the 102-day figure.

Within each group, record the neighbourhood boundary, condition, original price, first reduction, seller timing and any known financing or insurance obstacle. Add the volume of new listings over the same period as well; otherwise slow properties can accumulate while the faster ones disappear from view. That comparison may show renovation matters, but it could just as easily show that motivated sellers cut earlier in certain areas. For now, I would keep the calculation and label it as an observation about active listings rather than a Bengaluru-wide selling time.
 
Back
Top