Bengaluru listings: the headline and the street-level picture - am I overthinking this?

ravi_budgets

First-time buyer
Anything renovated seems to go quickly, while properties needing work get price cuts and sit. I’m trying to sense-check notes on Bengaluru villas priced from ₹20,370,000 to ₹30,560,000. The typical listing in my sample has been visible for 84 days.

Could vacancy be driving that split, or am I overreading listing age? I’d be interested in recent completed sales, when cuts are appearing, and whether withdrawn stock is quietly being relisted.
 
I wouldn’t assume vacancy from 84 days alone. In that price bracket, condition, seller motivation and buyer financing could all lengthen the process. Also, “Bengaluru” is too broad for a clean comparison: are these villas within tightly defined neighbourhoods, and have you separated continuously active listings from withdrawn and relisted ones?
 
I partly disagree that renovation is the main dividing line. A dated villa at a realistic price may be more attractive than a renovated one carrying an ambitious premium. I’d group the sample by neighbourhood boundary and condition, then compare asking-price changes with whatever completed-sale evidence is available. Track new listings and withdrawals weekly too; otherwise an 84-day figure can hide very different seller behaviour.
 
Back
Top