ravi.bloom
Homeowner
I can proceed with the 2-bed detached home and retain about ₹1,586,000, or choose a cheaper Bengaluru property and preserve more cash; the first option feels tight and the second means giving up a home priced around ₹108,600,000 that otherwise suits me.
That remaining amount would have to absorb the move, essential furniture, immediate repairs, the first mortgage payment and any service charges, while still leaving an emergency fund. I also need room for an insurance excess if something goes wrong. Delaying non-essential furniture helps, but it does not answer whether the underlying reserve is adequate.
Before deciding, I plan to verify the inspection items, the first payment date, actual service charges and the quoted insurance excess rather than rely on estimates. How would owners divide this cash, and what portion would you ring-fence completely? I’m concerned that the headline balance looks healthier than the usable balance really is.
That remaining amount would have to absorb the move, essential furniture, immediate repairs, the first mortgage payment and any service charges, while still leaving an emergency fund. I also need room for an insurance excess if something goes wrong. Delaying non-essential furniture helps, but it does not answer whether the underlying reserve is adequate.
Before deciding, I plan to verify the inspection items, the first payment date, actual service charges and the quoted insurance excess rather than rely on estimates. How would owners divide this cash, and what portion would you ring-fence completely? I’m concerned that the headline balance looks healthier than the usable balance really is.