Before I reply to them: insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths?

iris_reads

Landlord
Founding Member
I can either assume the higher building costs are the new normal or dismiss some of the rise as temporary, and neither approach feels safe. This is a Sydney apartment whose price remains workable, but the latest master insurance charge and reserve contributions have made the monthly ownership case much less attractive beside renting.

I am reviewing the insurance exclusions and loss-assessment cover. I also want to know whether the increase reflects sensible funding after years of low contributions, or a building with recurring claims and heavy maintenance ahead.

My decision rule may be simple: proceed if the minutes, claims history, budgets and reserve plan show a funded path back to stable costs; reconsider if they point to repeated special contributions or deferred work. What records would you rely on to judge that distinction, and how much would higher ongoing charges affect resale liquidity?
 
Back
Top