Raising the rent to the advertised level risks losing a dependable tenant; leaving it at the present figure means accepting a sizeable gap. Neither option feels entirely comfortable.
This is student housing in Bangkok. The tenant pays about THB 102,600, while similar adverts appear around THB 123,600, and they have consistently paid on time and cared for the home. A turnover could bring vacancy, cleaning, repairs and extra management, so I am leaning toward a measured increase rather than the full THB 21,000 difference.
How would you compare the likely gain with those turnover costs? I also want to deal properly with local notice requirements and keep any deposit handling separate from the rent discussion.
This is student housing in Bangkok. The tenant pays about THB 102,600, while similar adverts appear around THB 123,600, and they have consistently paid on time and cared for the home. A turnover could bring vacancy, cleaning, repairs and extra management, so I am leaning toward a measured increase rather than the full THB 21,000 difference.
How would you compare the likely gain with those turnover costs? I also want to deal properly with local notice requirements and keep any deposit handling separate from the rent discussion.