stone.modern
Property investor
After 98 days of looking at financing for a Bangkok property priced around THB 48,780,000, I have a quote at 7.85% fixed for two years. The headline rate initially seemed competitive, but arrangement fees and the applicable loan-to-value tier materially changed the comparison.
For anyone who has financed recently in Thailand, what figure did you find most useful when comparing lenders: APR, interest paid during the two-year fixed period, or total cash outlay including fees? I am leaning toward comparing total cash cost over exactly two years, but that assumes refinancing at the end of the fixed period and may understate the rate-reset risk.
I am also checking early-repayment charges and whether the loan is portable. Monthly payments are affordable at the quoted rate, but I want to test the payment after the fixed period rather than rely only on today's figure. What refinance or reset-rate assumptions would you use for a cautious comparison?
For anyone who has financed recently in Thailand, what figure did you find most useful when comparing lenders: APR, interest paid during the two-year fixed period, or total cash outlay including fees? I am leaning toward comparing total cash cost over exactly two years, but that assumes refinancing at the end of the fixed period and may understate the rate-reset risk.
I am also checking early-repayment charges and whether the loan is portable. Monthly payments are affordable at the quoted rate, but I want to test the payment after the fixed period rather than rely only on today's figure. What refinance or reset-rate assumptions would you use for a cautious comparison?