aisha.quinn
First-time buyer
If I get the cash allocation wrong, a routine repair could leave me short for the mortgage rather than merely delaying a purchase such as a dining table. That is why I am considering staying below my maximum budget.
The property is a three-bedroom country home in Bangkok priced at about THB 42,120,000. Once the deposit and expected purchase expenses are covered, approximately THB 1,116,000 would remain. That sum still has to absorb the move, initial service charges, the insurance excess, inspection-led work and the first mortgage instalment.
My instinct is to protect an emergency reserve before buying most furniture, but I am unsure how much can safely be assigned elsewhere. How would you prioritise these costs without treating every category as equally urgent?
The property is a three-bedroom country home in Bangkok priced at about THB 42,120,000. Once the deposit and expected purchase expenses are covered, approximately THB 1,116,000 would remain. That sum still has to absorb the move, initial service charges, the insurance excess, inspection-led work and the first mortgage instalment.
My instinct is to protect an emergency reserve before buying most furniture, but I am unsure how much can safely be assigned elsewhere. How would you prioritise these costs without treating every category as equally urgent?