Bangkok detached homes: is condition driving the discount?

rhea.wood

Property investor
Established
I’m tracking Bangkok detached homes asking between THB 39,170,000 and THB 58,750,000. The snapshot shows 10.2% movement and roughly 119 days on market, but negotiated discounts appear to change sharply with property condition. My working view is that deferred maintenance is creating more of the spread than headline demand. Does that match recent completed sales? Please include the neighbourhood and property type, and note any early price cuts or withdrawn listings.
 
Condition could explain part of it, but “Bangkok” is too broad for 119 days to mean much. Neighbourhood boundaries, plot size and whether the home is genuinely detached all affect the comparison. I’d also separate completed transactions from listings that were withdrawn or relisted, otherwise the apparent marketing period and 10.2% movement may be misleading.
 
I’m not convinced maintenance is necessarily the main driver. Seller motivation and buyer financing could produce the same pattern: a well-kept house may sit because the seller refuses to move, while a tired one sells after a realistic cut. Is 119 days the age of current listings or the time taken by completed sales? I’d track original ask, date of first reduction, condition, withdrawal/relisting and final price within each neighbourhood.
 
Back
Top