Austin small multifamily snapshot — April 2025

SimpleWall

Real estate agent
Established
A small April 2025 update has raised a bigger question about how to organise this Austin small-multifamily sample. The current figures are a 21-day market time, asking-price movement of 5.2%, and noticeable financing sensitivity around $605,000, but the mix may be driving all three.

I’m inclined to split properties by price band before attempting neighbourhood comparisons—for example, keeping listings around $605,000 apart from substantially dearer stock. I also want active asking data separated from completed sales. If anyone has source links, inventory changes or local observations, please include the relevant dates so each revision can be clearly marked.
 
I would not present the +5.2% beside completed-sale appreciation without a prominent distinction. Asking prices can move because the mix changed, especially if more expensive properties entered the sample. Start with separate columns for active asking prices and completed sales, then show inventory and 21-day market time alongside them.
 
What exactly is included as “small multifamily”? Also, does 21 days cover current listings, properties that went pending in April, or completed April sales? The comparison period behind +5.2% matters too. A revision date and the underlying source links would make later updates much easier to follow.
 
I’d hold off on neighbourhood splits unless each area has enough comparable properties. Otherwise one unusual listing can make a local number look meaningful when it isn’t. Property-type mix and price bands should come first; a duplex near $605,000 may behave differently from a higher-priced building even within the same neighbourhood.
 
That is fair. I’ll keep +5.2% labelled only as asking-price movement rather than appreciation, and 21 days as indicative rather than a closed-sale measure. The next revision will state the sample definition, comparison period and revision date, with source links where available. I’ll also separate price bands and property types before attempting neighbourhood figures.
 
For completed-sale additions, a simple consistent format would help: closing month, general area, property type, unit count, final asking price and closing price, with a link where one can be provided. Keep April closings separate from listings merely active in April, since they describe different stages of the market. Inventory counts should likewise use the same date each month.
 
Back
Top