Austin mixed-use: does +6.1% movement after 110 days mean there is room to negotiate?

SimpleWall

Real estate agent
Established
I can find asking-price data everywhere, but completed numbers are another story. I pulled a small sample of Austin mixed-use properties listed from $416,000 to $624,000. The snapshot shows +6.1% price movement and median marketing time near 110 days, although differences in condition make the average noisy.

What I cannot settle is transaction fees. Are buyers negotiating those after a listing has sat for this long, or simply moving on? I would especially value comparisons with recent completed sales rather than current listings.
 
At 110 days, I would negotiate the total deal rather than treat fees as a separate yes-or-no issue. A motivated seller might prefer a fee concession over a visible price reduction, while another may care only about the net amount. Buyer financing can also determine which structure is workable. The completed sales and any withdrawn stock should tell you more than the marketing-time figure alone.
 
Which transaction fees do you mean, and how tightly did you draw the neighbourhood boundaries? “Mixed-use” can cover properties with very different condition, income potential and financing complications. I would not read +6.1% across a small sample as evidence that a particular seller will concede anything.
 
I agree with acosta’s caveat, but the sample can still help if you rebuild it property by property. Record original ask, each price cut and its timing, final completed price where available, condition, and whether the listing was withdrawn. Then separate fresh listings from those near or beyond 110 days. That should expose whether the apparent movement comes from genuine completed-sale strength, changing new-listing volume, or stale stock. For any target property, ask what the seller values most before proposing a price-versus-fees trade-off.
 
Back
Top