The 8.4% gross yield is attractive, but I am torn between starting with that return and starting with a bad turnover year. For a specialized 5-bed home, the second may tell me more about whether the $1,220,000 purchase works.
The proposed rent is $8,533 a month. I have used eleven paid months rather than twelve, then deducted management, ordinary upkeep and a larger-repair allowance. Financing remains separate because it could turn an acceptable property return into weak cash flow.
The missing facts are the ones that could overturn the model: whether $8,533 reflects achieved comparable rents, what “coastal” means for an Austin property, and the actual quotes for tax and insurance. I would also like to understand likely tenant search time, turnover work, and responsibility for utilities and outdoor maintenance. Which of those would you establish before deciding on a minimum net return?
The proposed rent is $8,533 a month. I have used eleven paid months rather than twelve, then deducted management, ordinary upkeep and a larger-repair allowance. Financing remains separate because it could turn an acceptable property return into weak cash flow.
The missing facts are the ones that could overturn the model: whether $8,533 reflects achieved comparable rents, what “coastal” means for an Austin property, and the actual quotes for tax and insurance. I would also like to understand likely tenant search time, turnover work, and responsibility for utilities and outdoor maintenance. Which of those would you establish before deciding on a minimum net return?