A tenant in my Auckland condo has submitted several minor maintenance requests over the past few months. Every item sounds plausible and the rent is always paid on time, but separate call-out charges are mounting.
I’m deciding whether to keep treating this as normal ownership cost, group non-urgent jobs into scheduled visits, or arrange a broader inspection in case the plumbing complaints share one cause. I want to remain responsive without paying repeatedly for symptoms rather than the underlying problem. I’m also reconsidering whether holding the condo still makes sense at roughly NZ$1,040,000. For anyone who chose the opposite route and sold, what tipped the decision?
I’m deciding whether to keep treating this as normal ownership cost, group non-urgent jobs into scheduled visits, or arrange a broader inspection in case the plumbing complaints share one cause. I want to remain responsive without paying repeatedly for symptoms rather than the underlying problem. I’m also reconsidering whether holding the condo still makes sense at roughly NZ$1,040,000. For anyone who chose the opposite route and sold, what tipped the decision?