The response deadline is close, and I do not want to put the deposit at risk by taking the wrong step. This is a Miami duplex offered on an as-is basis, with a separate clause giving us time to investigate. The seller says that asking questions or raising a possible credit goes against the deal we proposed.
Routine repair items are not the issue. We may have found a serious rental-regulation problem that would materially change the duplex’s value to us. Can we investigate that issue and cancel within the stated period even though the seller has ruled out repairs? I need to distinguish a request to renegotiate from the contractual right to leave, and to know what notice must be given before the deadline.
Routine repair items are not the issue. We may have found a serious rental-regulation problem that would materially change the duplex’s value to us. Can we investigate that issue and cancel within the stated period even though the seller has ruled out repairs? I need to distinguish a request to renegotiate from the contractual right to leave, and to know what notice must be given before the deadline.