Are Dubai buyers negotiating more after 89 days on market?

chooseTheMap

Property investor
Established
I am torn between using 89 days on market as leverage and treating seller motivation as the more important fact. The Dubai new-build flats I am comparing are listed at roughly AED 3,288,000 to AED 4,932,000, but the displayed marketing period may hide relisting or changing supply within the development.

The occupancy and rental position also needs to be clear before I can judge the risk properly. Would you start with completed sales from the same development, then widen the comparison to nearby buildings of similar age and condition? I would be particularly interested in original asking histories, price reductions and final sale prices, since those should show whether a long-listed seller actually became more flexible.
 
I wouldn’t infer negotiating room from 89 days alone. A listing can look stale because the initial price was ambitious, but it may also have been withdrawn and relisted, or sit within a development where new-listing volume keeps changing the comparison set. I’d ask when the first price cut happened and whether the seller has rejected earlier offers. Also, what exactly is unclear about rental regulation here—current occupancy, expected rent, or something else?
 
The relisting point is why I’m hesitant to rely on the displayed 89 days. By “clear,” I mean that a buyer can understand the occupancy and rental position without having to resolve conflicting explanations before offering.

I’m mainly trying to separate genuine seller flexibility from listings that are simply waiting. Would you compare only within the same development, or include nearby buildings of similar age and condition?
 
Same development first, but not exclusively. Neighbourhood boundaries can hide meaningful differences, while condition, layout and handover status can make two nearby flats poor comparables. I’d also be cautious about using public asking-history cuts as evidence of the eventual discount: the latest asking price still may not reflect what was agreed, and withdrawn stock can distort the apparent supply.
 
I’d build a short table: original ask, current ask, first reduction date, any withdrawal or relisting, condition, occupancy position, and whether the likely buyer needs financing. Then compare completed sales that match as many of those points as possible. If the seller’s timing matters, make a clean offer with clear financing terms rather than relying on a large headline discount. That should reveal motivation more reliably than the 89-day figure by itself.
 
Back
Top