Are buyers negotiating more on five-bed Dublin properties after 113 days?

first_compass

First-time buyer
I’m deciding how far below asking to offer on a five-bed serviced apartment in Dublin. Comparable listings in the €791,200–€1,187,000 range appear to be taking about 113 days, but the market feels split rather than simply fast or slow. Properties with a clear answer on building reserves seem to move differently. Is that time on market now giving buyers meaningful leverage, or is it seasonal? Recent completed examples would help, particularly where the final price differed from the visible asking history.
 
I wouldn’t treat 113 days alone as proof that the seller will negotiate. It matters whether those days followed an unrealistic launch price, a reduction, or a withdrawal and relisting. How tightly are you defining the neighbourhood, and is the property still in the same condition as the faster-moving examples? I’d ask the agent when the last price cut occurred and whether the seller has a deadline.
 
I partly disagree that seller timing is the main clue here. At that price, buyer financing and uncertainty over the building reserves could narrow the pool even when the seller is patient. A listing can sit for months yet still have little discount available if the owner is under no pressure. I’d separate genuinely comparable five-bed properties by condition and exact area, then note new listings, withdrawals and price-cut dates. Without completed figures, asking-history comparisons can exaggerate the negotiating room.
 
Back
Top