Are buyers negotiating more in São Paulo after 96 days / what am I missing

kayaksAndBook

Property investor
The São Paulo warehouse market looks split rather than simply fast or slow. In the R$3,696,000–R$5,544,000 range, I’m seeing listings sit for roughly 96 days, while properties with a clear property-tax position seem to move differently.

I’m trying to decide whether that age now gives buyers meaningful negotiating room or whether the apparent stock is distorted by relisted and withdrawn properties. Has anyone seen recent completed sales where the final figure differed from the public asking-price history? Asking data is easy to find; completed numbers are not.
 
Ninety-six days alone would not make me assume the seller is ready for a large reduction. The more useful clue may be when the first price cut happened. A warehouse listed high for 70 days and then reduced is different from one held at the same figure throughout. I’d also separate genuine continuous listings from stock that disappeared and returned with a fresh date.
 
How tightly are you defining São Paulo here? Neighbourhood boundaries could make this look like one market when the warehouses actually serve different buyers. Condition matters too: two similarly priced buildings may require very different amounts of work. Without matching location, condition and tax position, a completed price could be more misleading than the asking history.
 
I’m not convinced the clear property-tax answer is necessarily what makes them move. It may simply coincide with better-prepared sellers: realistic pricing, organised information and stronger motivation. Buyer financing can also stretch a transaction without proving there was much negotiation on price. Are you measuring days until an agreed deal, or only until the public listing vanishes?
 
I’d build a small comparison table rather than chase a single headline discount: original ask, later asks, days between cuts, whether the listing was withdrawn, visible condition, exact area and any stated tax uncertainty. Then ask the selling side for completed comparables supporting the current price. They may not provide the final number, but the quality of the answer can still tell you whether the ask has a defensible basis.
 
Zara’s question is important because a vanished listing is not automatically a completed sale. I’d track withdrawn stock separately and revisit it later to see whether it returns. For negotiation, seller motivation may be more actionable than the 96-day average: a recent cut after a long unchanged period suggests a different conversation from repeated small cuts with no deal. Completed examples are still ideal, but they need the same submarket and condition to be useful.
 
Back
Top