Thirty-seven days is the number tempting me to assume buyers have leverage, but the condition of these Chicago flats may be doing most of the work.
The asking range I am following is roughly $316,000 to $474,000. Renovated homes seem to attract attention quickly, while units needing work remain available longer or reduce their prices. That makes a single market-time average difficult to use.
Would you treat 37 days as meaningful only after checking when the first reduction occurred? A few tightly matched completed sales—same neighbourhood, finish and fees—would be more useful than general impressions. I would also like to know whether the slower properties sold after a cut or simply disappeared from the market.
The asking range I am following is roughly $316,000 to $474,000. Renovated homes seem to attract attention quickly, while units needing work remain available longer or reduce their prices. That makes a single market-time average difficult to use.
Would you treat 37 days as meaningful only after checking when the first reduction occurred? A few tightly matched completed sales—same neighbourhood, finish and fees—would be more useful than general impressions. I would also like to know whether the slower properties sold after a cut or simply disappeared from the market.