Are Bengaluru villas really finding buyers in 28 days?

true_chalk

Homeowner
I’m tracking Bengaluru villa listings between ₹73,480,000 and ₹110,200,000, and my current sample points to roughly 28 days to find a buyer. Most of the outliers appear connected to lease length.

I’m worried the result is being distorted by properties that remain online. Has anyone compared recent completed deals with withdrawn stock, new-listing volume and the timing of price cuts?
 
Active listings alone can make 28 days look more meaningful than it is. A villa that disappears may have sold, been withdrawn or simply moved to another listing. Completed deals would be the stronger comparison, especially if you measure from original listing date rather than the latest refresh.
 
I understand why the sold-versus-withdrawn split is getting attention, but I doubt it fixes the sample on its own. A ready villa and one needing major work can attract very different buyers even when both sit within the ₹73,480,000 to ₹110,200,000 range. Broad Bengaluru labels may blur that further.

Before treating lease length as the explanation, I would divide the records by a consistent local area, condition and number of competing new listings during those 28 days.
 
I wouldn’t dismiss the 28-day figure completely. If several similar villas secure buyers around that point, it still describes current marketing activity, even before every completion is visible. But financing delays can separate “buyer found” from “deal completed.” Track the first price cut as well; 28 days after a reduction tells a different story from 28 days at the original asking price.
 
I’d like to keep the 28-day figure as a usable benchmark, but the missing status information makes that difficult. Start with the facts that can be checked: original listing date, current status, first price change, neighbourhood and condition. Keep sold, active and withdrawn villas in separate groups.

Seller motivation belongs in the comparison only where there is reliable evidence. Otherwise an apparently quick sale could be wrongly attributed to urgency when it was really the price cut or a shortage of similar new listings.
 
Back
Top