Are Bengaluru sellers negotiating more after 90 days on market?

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
I’m at the point of deciding whether to bid, and the trade-off is between using listing age as leverage and mistaking a problem property for a motivated sale. The Bengaluru retail units I saved are asking about ₹81,500,000 to ₹122,200,000, with several now near 90 days. Their performance varies sharply, especially when the vacancy position is unclear.

What missing fact would most change your opening offer: a tight neighbourhood comparison, the seller’s reason for selling, or evidence of withdrawal and relisting? I’d also like to compare completed deals with the original and revised asking prices. My inclination is to test the seller after 90 days, but keep the offer conditional on satisfactory financing and due diligence rather than assume age alone justifies a steep reduction.
 
I would not base the offer on 90 days alone. A vacant unit, an occupied unit with uncertain possession, and a unit needing work can attract completely different buyers even at similar asking prices. Which Bengaluru neighbourhoods are included, and are you comparing the same condition and vacancy status?

Also track withdrawals and relistings, not just visible price cuts. Ask for evidence of completed sales, then make the offer conditional on financing and due diligence rather than assuming listing age equals seller urgency.
 
Gabriel’s caution is fair, but I would still treat 90 days as a reason to test the seller—just not as proof that a large reduction is available. The stronger clue is what happened during those 90 days: no price change, repeated cuts, withdrawal and return, or a newly clarified vacancy position.

Keep the neighbourhood boundary tight and ask why the seller is selling. A motivated seller with clean answers may negotiate; stale stock with unresolved issues may simply remain stale.
 
Back
Top