Are Atlanta new-build flats really finding buyers in 12 days?

mara.wilde

Property investor
I’m looking at Atlanta new-build flats listed from $952,000 to $1,428,000, and my current sample suggests roughly 12 days to find a buyer. Most of the outliers appear connected to building reserves. Before I treat that as a market shift, do recent completed sales support it? I’m concerned the listings still online are distorting the picture, especially if withdrawn stock is missing.
 
Completed sales are the better comparison, but separate days to contract from days to closing. Buyer financing can lengthen the latter without saying much about demand. I’d also track withdrawals and relistings; otherwise a slow unit can disappear and return looking new, which makes the 12-day figure too optimistic.
 
You have already flagged active and withdrawn stock, but the comparison area is still unclear. Candidly, a 12-day figure across several Atlanta submarkets would not tell me much at prices from $952,000 to $1,428,000.

I would first use one consistent neighbourhood boundary and separate completed units from homes still under construction. Then record incentives, condition, reserve concerns and any price reductions. If the short marketing period holds for completed sales within those groups, it may reflect genuine demand; if it vanishes, expand the analysis to seller motivation and recent new-listing volume before calling it a market shift.
 
I wouldn’t assume reserves explain the outliers just because they line up. Seller motivation and a burst of new-listing volume could produce the same pattern. A well-funded building may still sit if the asking price is ambitious, while a weaker-looking one may move quickly after a cut. Compare original list price, final asking price, and outcome before assigning the cause.
 
That suggests a useful two-part table: one for genuinely completed sales and another for withdrawn, relisted, or still-active stock. Within each, group by a consistent neighbourhood boundary and mark reserve concerns, condition, financing delays, price-cut timing, and seller motivation where known. If the 12 days survives those splits, it is meaningful; if not, it is probably a sample-composition effect.
 
Back
Top