I’m comparing a 2,260 sq ft apartment with a similarly priced warehouse in San Francisco. The apartment appears easier to maintain, but shared-building reserves and assessments could create costs I can’t fully control. The warehouse offers more autonomy, while potentially bringing higher insurance exposure, energy use, vacancy risk, and management workload.
My current comparison includes insurance, utilities, routine maintenance, tenant demand, and resale liquidity. I’m also trying to distinguish predictable annual expenses from large, irregular bills rather than relying on a single average-cost figure.
For owners familiar with either property type, which expenses or operational issues only became apparent after the first year? I’d especially value a practical due-diligence checklist covering building reserves for the apartment, major systems for the warehouse, likely vacancy periods, and the depth of the resale or tenant market.
My current comparison includes insurance, utilities, routine maintenance, tenant demand, and resale liquidity. I’m also trying to distinguish predictable annual expenses from large, irregular bills rather than relying on a single average-cost figure.
For owners familiar with either property type, which expenses or operational issues only became apparent after the first year? I’d especially value a practical due-diligence checklist covering building reserves for the apartment, major systems for the warehouse, likely vacancy periods, and the depth of the resale or tenant market.