Amsterdam’s April 2026 inventory shift: signal or seasonal noise?

EarlyCrane

Real estate agent
Established
I’ve checked the April 2026 figures I can find, but I still cannot tell whether they show changing buyer behaviour or an ordinary spring fluctuation. Better-presented Amsterdam apartments seem to take about 96 days to move, with less appealing stock sitting noticeably longer. There is also a reported 7.8% difference between advertised and completed prices, although the underlying homes and dates may not match.

Has anyone broken the numbers down by neighbourhood, condition and sales volume? We are considering only two areas, so a citywide average could conceal more than it reveals.
 
One month is too thin to call a shift. How exactly was the 7.8% calculated: original asking price against final sale price for the same homes, or current listings against deals completed in April? The second comparison mixes different properties and marketing periods. I’d also want the number of transactions behind the 96-day figure.
 
Agreed on matching individual properties, but I wouldn’t dismiss April entirely. A widening difference between renovated and work-heavy apartments could indicate selectivity even before it appears in a broad price measure. The missing piece is whether the slow group grew as a share of inventory. If it did, the citywide days figure could rise without any comparable home becoming harder to sell.
 
I’m less convinced that 96 days demonstrates greater selectivity. Condition, size and neighbourhood can all produce that split in an otherwise unchanged market. I’d compare April 2026 with the same neighbourhoods and property types in earlier months, then note any policy timing that may have shifted listings or completions. Otherwise seasonal noise and completion lag can look like buyer resistance.
 
Looking more closely at this raises another question: how much of the apparent movement comes from later data revisions? I’d build a simple sheet for the two neighbourhoods, recording each address, initial price, reductions, sale price, listing and completion dates, floor area and condition. Withdrawals should sit in a separate category.

Keep a dated copy each month. That makes it possible to see whether revisions have altered either the 7.8% figure or the transaction total.
 
That also resolves my concern about the denominator. A citywide percentage may be dominated by a changing mix of properties rather than negotiation on comparable apartments. Miguel, if your 7.8% comes from portal asking data versus completed-sale data, I’d treat it as a hypothesis, not a discount rate. Matching addresses and dates should show whether the gap survives within either neighbourhood.
 
Back
Top