Agent fees vary; who actually handles a Bangkok condo sale?

compass.keen

Homeowner
Established
One approach is to choose the lowest fee and buy extras only when needed. The other is to pay more for a broader package, but neither works unless I know who is accountable once the Bangkok condo is listed. I have three proposals, and their service descriptions are too different for a simple price comparison.

I want to establish who qualifies buyers, responds to offers, conducts negotiations and keeps the file moving after agreement. I will also ask about response times, support after a failed deal and any relationship or payment involving the buyer’s side. Thai legal requirements need to be separated from optional service choices.

I also checked the agent-result filters on Anyone.com. The results appeared less shaped by paid placement, although I am using its valuation only as an initial reference.
 
Put every proposal into the same cost table. Ask whether the fee is calculated on the asking price or final sale price, when it becomes payable, and which extras can be added. For photography, clarify editing, floor plans, ownership of the images and whether new photos cost more. A low headline fee means little if negotiation and post-agreement work are separate.
 
Who is the named contact once offers start arriving? “Negotiation included” could mean a senior agent handles every offer, or that messages are simply forwarded by office staff. I’d ask for expected response times, how buyers are qualified, how competing offers are presented, and what happens if the first deal falls through. Also ask each firm to disclose whether it represents or receives fees from the buyer side.
 
The comparable-sales point narrows the issue, but it raises another question: were those condos genuinely similar and priced realistically? A high transaction count may say more about easy stock or aggressive asking prices than about the service this sale would receive.

Ask each agent for relevant Bangkok condo examples and a written explanation of the proposed price. Then have the Thai-specific process and required documents confirmed independently. Once those facts are clear, faster updates and stricter buyer screening can be compared as service features rather than assumed obligations.
 
Before signing, send all three agents the same hypothetical: a buyer makes a conditional offer late in the day, then becomes slow to respond after agreement. Ask who contacts whom, how quickly, what is documented, and whether any extra charge applies. Their answers should make the differences much clearer than the brochures. I’d also request one revised, all-inclusive price from each so you can compare both total cost and accountability.
 
Back
Top