Abu Dhabi coastal listings: are service charges driving the price spread?

LenaLee

First-time buyer
Established
Condition and service charges both look like plausible explanations for the spread in my Abu Dhabi coastal sample, and I am not convinced either can be isolated from the other. Asking prices range from AED 484,400 to AED 726,700, with a recorded movement of -3.0% and about 23 visible days on market.

My tentative view is that recurring charges may influence negotiations, but a better-presented home could still outperform cheaper stock with lower annual costs. Has anyone compared similar property types within the same Abu Dhabi neighbourhood? Details on first price reductions, buyer financing and new-listing volume would help show whether this is seller-specific or a wider shift.
 
Possibly, but the annual charge alone will not settle it. I’d want recent completed sales for genuinely comparable homes, plus when each seller first reduced the price. A well-presented property with higher charges could still negotiate better than neglected stock with lower charges. Are your 23 days measured from the original listing date, or can withdrawn and relisted homes enter as new listings?
 
Good question. The 23 days is the visible listing period in this snapshot, so withdrawn and relisted stock is a limitation. I’m also not treating the -3.0% movement as proof of a broad Abu Dhabi trend.

I’ll separate condition, first price-cut timing and service charges. The missing piece is completed-sale evidence; asking-price changes alone may mostly reveal seller motivation.
 
I’m not convinced service charges are the main driver yet. The AED 484,400–726,700 range may cross neighbourhood boundaries and different property types, which can create an apparent spread before charges enter the picture. Buyer financing can also change negotiating power. I’d first narrow the sample to one coastal neighbourhood and one property type, then compare similar condition and seller timelines.
 
A useful next step would be a simple comparison sheet: original ask, current ask, first reduction date, visible days listed, condition, service charge, financing status if known, and whether the listing disappeared and returned. Keep completed sales separate from active listings. That should show whether charges consistently explain discounts or merely coincide with older, poorly maintained, or less motivated stock.
 
Back
Top