The argument for the retail unit is that it offers more control than a flat, but I’m not convinced that compensates for narrower tenant demand and potentially long vacancies. The alternative is a 95 m² new-build flat in Paris at a similar price, which looks simpler to operate but comes with shared-building decisions.
The minutes are my main concern: planned work appears three times without a cost estimate or a clear description. Before comparing returns, I need to establish what the work covers, how it would be funded and what share each property would bear. Beyond that, which records would you request to compare maintenance demands, turnover, insurance, management time and resale prospects on a like-for-like basis?
The minutes are my main concern: planned work appears three times without a cost estimate or a clear description. Before comparing returns, I need to establish what the work covers, how it would be funded and what share each property would bear. Beyond that, which records would you request to compare maintenance demands, turnover, insurance, management time and resale prospects on a like-for-like basis?