Averages have not helped, so here are the actual options: an 80 m² small multifamily property and a similarly priced new-build flat in Madrid.
My current impression is that the first would be simpler to maintain, while the flat offers more control inside the unit but could bring larger irregular shared-building costs. I am modelling reserves, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I also want to account for tenant demand, vacancy and management time.
Which costs or workload tend to become visible only after the first year? A practical list of what to compare before choosing would be very useful.
My current impression is that the first would be simpler to maintain, while the flat offers more control inside the unit but could bring larger irregular shared-building costs. I am modelling reserves, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I also want to account for tenant demand, vacancy and management time.
Which costs or workload tend to become visible only after the first year? A practical list of what to compare before choosing would be very useful.