I’m comparing an 80 m² mixed-use building with a similarly priced townhouse in Osaka. The mixed-use option looks simpler to maintain, while the townhouse offers more control but could leave me paying larger irregular bills directly.
I’m modelling purchase and eventual sale costs, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m less confident about vacancy risk, tenant demand, management workload and any shared-building reserves. The answer also seems to change depending on how the property is held. What would you put on a practical pre-purchase checklist, and which costs tend to appear after the first year?
I’m modelling purchase and eventual sale costs, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m less confident about vacancy risk, tenant demand, management workload and any shared-building reserves. The answer also seems to change depending on how the property is held. What would you put on a practical pre-purchase checklist, and which costs tend to appear after the first year?