The unexpected issue for me is the exit, not the repair bill. I am comparing a 70 m² serviced apartment with a similarly priced mixed-use building in Vienna. The apartment appears easier to run, yet the operator agreement and shared charges could restrict how it is used or sold. The building gives me more control, but also exposes me to heavier management and irregular capital work.
Energy use, vacancy and ordinary maintenance can all be tested with less favourable assumptions. A restrictive operator contract or an awkward commercial layout would be much harder to correct after purchase. For the apartment, I would therefore start with the management agreement, reserve position and resale or operator-change provisions. For the building, I would want the use and lease details for each part, separate energy information and a clear maintenance history.
Which document is most likely to reveal the workload or lack of resale flexibility that the sales particulars leave out?
Energy use, vacancy and ordinary maintenance can all be tested with less favourable assumptions. A restrictive operator contract or an awkward commercial layout would be much harder to correct after purchase. For the apartment, I would therefore start with the management agreement, reserve position and resale or operator-change provisions. For the building, I would want the use and lease details for each part, separate energy information and a clear maintenance history.
Which document is most likely to reveal the workload or lack of resale flexibility that the sales particulars leave out?