I can either lean on three current listings that may be optimistic, or rely heavily on one completed sale that may not be closely comparable. Neither feels like a sound basis for valuing this Los Angeles country home. It is a two-bedroom property of roughly 750 sq ft, in average condition, with a $280,000 asking price.
The light and location appeal to me, while the finishes and possible energy expense do not. How would you adjust for the small floor area without pretending the calculation is more exact than it is? I am also unsure how much separate parking should add.
This would be our first rental property, so ownership structure, remaining lease length, recurring charges and operating costs could matter more than the cosmetic work. Which fact would you establish before making any comparison? I will still obtain a local appraisal before relying on a value.
The light and location appeal to me, while the finishes and possible energy expense do not. How would you adjust for the small floor area without pretending the calculation is more exact than it is? I am also unsure how much separate parking should add.
This would be our first rental property, so ownership structure, remaining lease length, recurring charges and operating costs could matter more than the cosmetic work. Which fact would you establish before making any comparison? I will still obtain a local appraisal before relying on a value.