My main constraint is the amount of time and cash I can absorb when maintenance arrives unexpectedly. Against that, I’m weighing a 230 m² Paris apartment and a similarly priced duplex.
The apartment may spread some work through the co-ownership, although that also means shared decisions and possible calls for major projects. The duplex could provide greater independence depending on its legal and physical setup, but it may put more maintenance directly on the owner. I’m comparing reserves, insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand, resale prospects and management effort. Which building records, bills or ownership details would best expose the costs that are easy to miss in year one?
The apartment may spread some work through the co-ownership, although that also means shared decisions and possible calls for major projects. The duplex could provide greater independence depending on its legal and physical setup, but it may put more maintenance directly on the owner. I’m comparing reserves, insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand, resale prospects and management effort. Which building records, bills or ownership details would best expose the costs that are easy to miss in year one?