holdTheRoom
Property investor
A 200 m² studio leaves me uneasy about shared costs and its unusual resale market. The similarly priced Johannesburg villa leaves me uneasy about carrying every major repair myself.
I am comparing tenant demand, likely vacancy, insurance exposure, energy use, local supply and resale liquidity. For the studio, I need to understand management charges, reserve funding, planned building work and what the shared policy excludes. For the villa, I am trying to price the roof, exterior, security, garden and other owner-only responsibilities rather than smoothing them into one annual estimate.
Before choosing, I have requested itemised written figures for both properties. What else should I verify to uncover expenses that may not show up during the first year?
I am comparing tenant demand, likely vacancy, insurance exposure, energy use, local supply and resale liquidity. For the studio, I need to understand management charges, reserve funding, planned building work and what the shared policy excludes. For the villa, I am trying to price the roof, exterior, security, garden and other owner-only responsibilities rather than smoothing them into one annual estimate.
Before choosing, I have requested itemised written figures for both properties. What else should I verify to uncover expenses that may not show up during the first year?