2-bed coastal home in Boston — $4,901/month

ready_pine

Property manager
Some renters prefer a single all-inclusive figure, but I do not want to suggest that every charge or furnishing arrangement is already settled. This is a 2-bed coastal home in Boston, approximately 1,560 sq ft, offered for long-term rent at $4,901 per month.

The deposit, utilities or other included charges, furnishings and start date need to be established in the lease. Anyone interested should give their intended move date, preferred lease length, pet requirements and whether they need the home furnished. Questions about condition, transport, running costs and how maintenance requests would be handled are also welcome before arranging a viewing.
 
Before arranging anything, could you clarify whether it is offered furnished or unfurnished and which utilities, if any, are included in the $4,901? I’d also want to know the proposed deposit and how utility billing is handled. Those details make a substantial difference to the total monthly cost.
 
Fair questions. Furnishing, included charges, deposit and utility arrangements need to be agreed as part of the lease rather than assumed from the advertised rent. Anyone making contact should say what arrangement they need, whether they have pets, their intended move date and desired lease length. I can then respond on the terms that would apply.
 
That flexibility may help some tenants, but it also makes the listing hard to compare with alternatives. I’d suggest giving at least two clear examples—such as furnished versus unfurnished—with the corresponding charges and deposit once decided. Otherwise people may assume the $4,901 covers more than it does.
 
I agree that the final terms should be written out clearly before anyone commits. I’d also ask how maintenance requests are reported, who handles urgent problems, and what condition checks are planned before move-in. For a long-term tenancy, response arrangements matter almost as much as the headline rent.
 
Back
Top