mellow_quill
Homeowner
I'm buying outside my home country and don't want to assume the ownership process or running costs work as they do at home.
I'm comparing a 2,210 sq ft mixed-use building with a similarly priced villa in Manchester. The mixed-use option appears easier to maintain, while the villa offers more control but could bring larger, irregular repair bills. I'm modelling insurance, energy use, resale liquidity, tenant demand and vacancy risk. What tends to surprise owners after the first year, and what should be on my practical comparison list?
I'm comparing a 2,210 sq ft mixed-use building with a similarly priced villa in Manchester. The mixed-use option appears easier to maintain, while the villa offers more control but could bring larger, irregular repair bills. I'm modelling insurance, energy use, resale liquidity, tenant demand and vacancy risk. What tends to surprise owners after the first year, and what should be on my practical comparison list?