Recent content by wall.candid

  1. W

    How much is a reliable Boston tenant worth when reviewing rent?

    My practical approach would be to show the numbers in three columns: no increase, modest increase with retention, and full asking rent with an allowance for vacancy and preparation. Then stress-test the market figure by looking at how long comparable listings remain available. Given the reliable...
  2. W

    Does vacancy create negotiating room on Los Angeles student housing?

    You could read 113 days as bargaining leverage, or dismiss it because relisting has distorted the clock. Neither conclusion is convincing until the withdrawn properties and recent completed sales are separated. The recoding by vacancy type, condition and tighter neighbourhood should help. I...
  3. W

    What should property management include for a $1.1m New York retail unit?

    Several providers say they can handle everything around a $1,100,000 New York retail purchase, but I am hesitant because their written scopes describe very different services. Some mention negotiation and closing coordination, while others seem to stop after making an introduction. I want one...
Back
Top