I’d add a caveat: management may not be the deciding expense here. Even if you self-manage, one vacancy and turnover cycle could erase much of an already narrow annual margin. Run the deal with the current association payment, insurance, property tax and financing terms, then stress both rent...
Could the lower and upper ends of that AED range also behave differently? I would divide it into smaller bands before drawing conclusions. A single average may be blending separate buyer pools.
The agent saying “somebody else will waive it” is not a reason for you to do so. That buyer may have different finances, risk tolerance or information—or may never materialise. You can remain competitive through documented financing and completion flexibility without copying unknown terms. If...
And note the date range on any Austin data you use. Is it current, or a report describing closings negotiated months earlier? Citywide figures may also combine property types and areas that have little bearing on this particular townhouse.
Building on the vacancy point, I’d run three cases for the mixed-use property: both spaces occupied, one vacant, and a vacancy that overlaps with a major repair. Compare those with a townhouse case that includes a substantial association charge for the work mentioned in the minutes. The...
Resale deserves more weight than it usually gets in these comparisons. A townhouse has a more familiar layout and ownership structure for many buyers. A mixed-use building may appeal to a narrower group, and each buyer will form a view on the commercial space, leases and operating figures. That...
One reading of the January 2025 figures is that New York buyers have become choosier. Another is that I am comparing a small, seasonally affected set of asking prices with completed sales reported on a different timetable.
In my notes, well-presented properties are moving in around 65 days...
I wouldn’t allocate the full $37,000 yet. Wait for the inspection, obtain costs for any significant findings, and use those numbers in the purchase decision. For five bedrooms, furnishing can absorb cash surprisingly quickly, but only the rooms needed immediately require beds and basic window...
Hello from New York. I’m a real estate agent, and lately I’ve been focusing on condos, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised prices and completed sales.
I joined to compare notes across markets rather than stay in a New York bubble. For those following the United States, where would...