Recent content by vera_linden

  1. V

    Is waiting for a housing crash a plan, or just market timing after 92 days?

    I’m 92 days into searching for student housing in Vienna. The advice I keep hearing is to wait for prices to fall, but during the search both rent and borrowing costs have moved. I have now found a suitable property that is affordable within my current budget, although it is not cheap by...
  2. V

    Vienna 2-bed at €671,600 and €2,279 rent: does the financing kill it?

    Also, 4.1% is a rounded headline yield, not a margin of safety. One month without rent reduces annual revenue by €2,279 before reletting or preparation costs.
  3. V

    Update: three checks disagree — how should I choose a Munich tenant?

    I disagree slightly with focusing so heavily on applicant characteristics. Retention is also driven by how the flat is managed. A new-build can still have defects or unresolved maintenance issues, and slow responses can push a good tenant out. Keep a maintenance history from day one and explain...
Back
Top