My first studio purchase has finally completed after several offers and a document process that ran longer than expected. Two lessons stand out: keep cash available for vacancy and repairs after closing, and, once an offer is accepted, ask who owns each next step and when it is due. The rejected...
I wouldn’t divide the full amount in advance. First ring-fence the first mortgage payment, moving costs and a genuine emergency reserve, then let the inspection determine what is available for repairs. Furniture beyond the essentials comes last.
Also, clarify whether the townhouse has recurring...
I wouldn’t delay merely because the failed deal may look awkward. If the documents are current, relist and give a calm explanation. A long unexplained absence could create more questions than a prompt return.
I also wouldn’t automatically take less. Compare the whole offer: financing evidence...
That is probably where my sample needs work. I grouped properties by broad location and price, but condition and neighbourhood boundaries may be obscuring more than the median reveals. I’ll separate recurring charges from anything transaction-related, then compare completed sales with active...
I need to work out whether this snapshot is reliable before using it to judge an offer. The Mexico City duplexes are advertised between MX$3,312,000 and MX$4,968,000, with a recorded movement of -5.2% and a median marketing period near 49 days. The difficulty is that condition varies enough to...
Before submitting, ask for the best available completed comparables, clarify the seller’s timing, and have the lender assess the appraisal-gap risk at roughly C$1.615m. Make the offer attractive through financing evidence and completion flexibility, not by waiving essential protections. If the...
Before that conversation, decide your walk-away position. If the tenant rejects any increase, would you genuinely accept vacancy to pursue MX$17,140, or would you renew at MX$14,720? Knowing that prevents bluffing. You could also compare a modest increase with the expected cost of one empty...
Renew at MX$14,720 and you preserve the relationship but leave a sizeable rent gap. Aim immediately for MX$17,140 and you may exchange a dependable tenant for vacancy and turnover costs. Neither choice is comfortable until the comparables and lease dates are checked.
I would first estimate the...
Hello from Mexico City. I’m a first-time buyer, currently focused on learning how to assess small multifamily properties. The areas I’m finding hardest to pin down are total transaction costs and the gap between advertised prices and completed sale prices.
I joined to compare approaches across...
The practical sequence seems clear: resolve the 65 m² question, examine the title information, obtain the service-charge and transaction-fee details, then book the appointment if those answers make sense. Until then, calculating value from either the five-bedroom label or the stated area could...
The monthly budget can absorb the initial payment, but I am less comfortable with what happens after the first year. The property near Mexico City is about MX$6,210,000, and the quote fixes the mortgage at 5.41% for 12 months.
Once the upfront charges and required loan-to-value band are...