Recent content by testTheKey

  1. T

    Santiago property Q&A: pricing, finance and who handles what

    Only an initial conversation, no approval. There is another wrinkle: the intermediary suggested one contact to coordinate the paperwork. What should the buyer ask about representation, referral fees and access to the transaction file before agreeing? I don’t want convenience to obscure who is...
  2. T

    Santiago property Q&A: pricing, finance and who handles what

    Santiago, resale apartment. If a seller wants an offer quickly but the buyer expects to use bank financing, what should be settled before naming a price? I’m particularly interested in whether the asking price, comparable properties and possible lender valuation should be treated separately.
  3. T

    January 2026 notes from Santiago: student housing at CLP 155,100,000

    I want to work out whether Santiago student housing is beginning to change, but the individual properties are behaving too differently for a citywide figure to answer that. For the January 2026 listings I’m following, asking prices range from CLP 124,100,000 to CLP 186,100,000. My working...
  4. T

    How much negotiating leverage does 34 days give São Paulo apartment buyers?

    Buyer financing may explain part of the split. Two offers at the same headline amount are not necessarily equally attractive if one has more uncertainty or a longer path to completion. Before assuming a stale listing means a large discount, find out what terms the seller values. Price, timing...
Back
Top