I disagree slightly with making the first-year cash cost the main comparison. It can make a short fix look attractive while pushing the uncertainty into month 13. Since you already distrust the refinance assumption, compare at least two paths: keeping this loan after reset and refinancing with...
What exactly does “student housing” mean here: a whole building, several rooms in one dwelling, or a unit within a managed development? That changes how much control you really have, who pays for common areas and how broad the resale market may be. Also compare lease structure and summer vacancy...
I’d keep two budgets: one for identifiable transaction and annual costs, and another contingency for the building work. That prevents an uncertain levy from being buried among fixed charges.
For the works, request all available minutes, budgets, levy notices, quotes and correspondence, then ask...
The market asking rent for comparable student housing appears to be around A$8,209, while my reliable tenant currently pays about A$6,497. They pay on time and take good care of the property, so I’m reluctant to chase the full difference and risk vacancy, turnover and refurbishment costs.
How...
Seller motivation could distort the 30-day figure too. A seller testing a high price and then withdrawing is not equivalent to one cutting promptly to secure a sale. Are withdrawn listings being recorded, including those that later return? Otherwise the apparent marketing period may restart...
Brisbane, apartment. If a buyer has finance pre-approval, how much confidence should they place in it when deciding their negotiation limit? I’m particularly interested in the period between an accepted price and final finance approval. What information is commonly still missing at that point...
Build a simple comparison grid rather than one blended adjustment. Use separate lines for floor area, effective bedroom utility, condition, parking, outdoor space, recurring charges and micro-location. Put the completed sale in one column and the three listings in others, clearly distinguishing...
The Brisbane board seems the obvious starting point, but I’m hesitant to rely too heavily on one local view. I work in property management and have been comparing coastal properties using asking figures, final sale prices and purchase expenses.
Condition is the awkward part. A cheaper completed...
Several Sydney providers say they can look after the whole process, but I hesitate because their written descriptions stop at very different points. This concerns a studio around A$1,132,000, and some proposals include negotiation and document coordination while others seem limited to an...
The deposit exposure would be my main reason not to improvise a threat to terminate. Get written guidance on the available options before the deadline, then choose among accepting as-is, requesting a price adjustment, or withdrawing if the contract actually permits it. A credit may also fail to...