Recent content by saveTheSparrow

  1. S

    Barcelona four-bed snapshot: is vacancy creating negotiating room?

    For the market exercise, I’d use the €853,800–€1,281,000 band only after checking whether it excludes relevant comparables just outside it. A fixed asking-price band can shift membership after reductions, which makes movement look stronger than it is.
  2. S

    Berlin “coastal” listings: is property tax changing buyer behaviour?

    How many listings were in the sample, and were any relisted? A relisted home can make marketing time appear shorter if the earlier listing is missed. It can also make new-listing volume look healthier than it really is.
  3. S

    Update: three checks disagree — how should I choose a Munich tenant?

    This has helped separate the issues. I’m going to fix the tenancy terms and final market-rent assessment first, then use one short evidence-based scorecard for every applicant. References will confirm details rather than outweigh income or credit information, and any discrepancy will get the...
  4. S

    Berlin five-bedroom condos: does insurance affect negotiation?

    That distinction from hanac64 is important. A visible -5.5% could be repricing rather than completed-market movement. I’d also compare otherwise similar listings with and without a clearly identified insurance concern. If the affected ones vanish rather than receive measured cuts, that leans...
  5. S

    Berlin five-bedroom condos: does insurance affect negotiation?

    Probably both, depending on whether the issue can be priced. A buyer may negotiate if the cost and cover are reasonably clear, but unresolved uncertainty can be enough to move on—especially when financing is already tight. What insurance concern are you tracking: cost, gaps in cover, or...
  6. S

    Update: three checks disagree — how should I choose a Munich tenant?

    I’m reviewing applicants for a 2-bed new-build flat in Munich, valued at roughly €713,000. Income, references and credit history each favour a different person, so choosing whichever file “feels strongest” seems inconsistent. What objective criteria have genuinely predicted payment reliability...
  7. S

    Valuation check: 210 m² condo in Warsaw, asking PLN 4,503,000 / sold-price history

    How large are the three asking comparables? If they cluster well below 210 m², they may mostly reveal the wrong segment. I’d rather have one reasonably similar large unit than several smaller ones with attractive price-per-m² figures. Their condition and whether parking is included also need to...
  8. S

    Munich valuation puzzle: €197,800 for a 35 m² four-bed “coastal home”

    The basic calculation gives about €5,651 per m², but it has exposed a more fundamental problem with the listing. It describes a four-bedroom “coastal home” in Munich with only 35 m² of space, in average condition, at €197,800. Munich is not coastal, and fitting four actual bedrooms into that...
  9. S

    Valuation check: 1,350 sq ft duplex in Miami asking $865,000

    The $865,000 figure looks difficult to assess from listings alone. My specific concern is how much value the unusually large floor area adds when this Miami duplex has only one bedroom. It is approximately 1,350 sq ft, in average condition, with good light and location but dated finishes. I...
Back
Top