That’s fair. For a purchase decision, I’d use the broad figure only to identify homes worth investigating, then ask about original price, prior offers, relistings, condition and seller timing. The property-level history is more actionable than the Madrid-wide average.
One more complication: duplicate listings. The same house can appear through more than one agent or be republished with altered wording. Deduplicate by the property itself where possible, otherwise both listing volume and days online become unreliable.
The boundary question is probably the first one to settle. I’d group by small, consistent areas rather than calculate one Madrid-wide average. Then compare detached homes only, since adding other property types would further blur the result.
What does “Madrid” mean in the sample: the municipality, the wider urban area, or the whole region? Detached homes are especially sensitive to that boundary. Combining very different neighbourhoods could produce a number that describes none of them particularly well.
I wouldn’t choose a target net yield in isolation. If the location supports dependable demand and the building has no obvious major work ahead, a modest net return may be acceptable; with borrowing, weak cash flow and uncertain turnover, it may not be.
Run three cases: expected occupancy, a...
Barcelona’s November 2025 listings appear to be separating by condition, but I’m concerned the sample may be too seasonal to show a lasting change. Well-presented apartments seem to move in about 99 days, while properties needing work linger, and the reported difference between advertised and...