I may be reading too much into July 2026, but the mix of London property seems to be changing. Well-presented warehouses are moving in roughly 10 days, while homes needing work remain available longer. At the same time, I’m seeing a gap close to 10.4% between asking prices and completed deals...
That approach is better, but be careful not to deduct refurbishment costs twice. If the completed comparable was already dated, subtracting a full refit allowance from its implied value would overstate the adjustment.
Make a simple comparison table: sold date, exact micro-location, floor area...
I’d put the tenure issue ahead of the décor. “Possible lease length costs” needs clarifying rather than treating it as a routine cosmetic adjustment, particularly as you should not assume an Edinburgh arrangement works like one elsewhere in the UK. Confirm exactly what is held, the remaining...
Also, how much cash did you have left after completion relative to the repairs identified during inspection? Keeping money for insurance is sensible, but I would want a separate repair reserve too. An inspection can identify an issue without revealing exactly when it will become urgent or what...
The final document week deserves far more attention than it gets. Buyer, lender, insurer and whoever is handling the transaction can all be waiting on different items. A simple written list of each outstanding task, who is responsible and the deadline can prevent a lot of confusion.
I’m not convinced lease length explains most of the outliers without testing the other variables. Condition and buyer financing can both affect how long a higher-priced apartment sits, even when the asking prices look comparable. Split the sample by lease length, condition and neighbourhood...
At that purchase price, €10,120 sounds uncomfortably tight unless your income can rebuild it quickly. I would protect the emergency portion first, reserve known moving and first-payment costs second, and buy only essential furniture initially. Inspection items that affect safety or prevent...
Predictable renewal cost matters more to me than securing the lowest introductory price. I’m assessing property valuation tools for London work and would like to know whether any genuine UK association, professional or community discounts are available.
If recommending one, please state any...
I’m comparing London student housing priced from £761,300 to £1,142,000. The snapshot shows +8.9% movement and roughly 78 days on market, although negotiated discounts seem to change sharply with property condition. My working view is that service charges explain more of the spread than headline...