Good questions. I would not lead with a long list of defects until they have shown some willingness to negotiate. Make the initial offer simple and subject to survey, mortgage valuation and contract. If the survey identifies specific work, that is the point to request a price adjustment or...
An opening around £604,000 is aggressive but not insulting if you present it as evidence-based rather than as a criticism of the flat. State that nearby asking prices are noted, but completed evidence is limited and the required updating affects your budget. Include proof of financing...
Looking for one overlooked Edinburgh expense is understandable, but I think the combined effect of normal deductions is the bigger risk here. The points about tenant structure and coastal insurance are useful; neither needs to become an exceptional cost for a 4.8% gross return to end up thin.
I...
Service charges may contribute, but 56 days alone won’t prove it. First compare each asking price with recent completed sales in the same building or genuinely comparable nearby streets. Also establish whether “56 days” is the original marketing period or merely the current listing; withdrawn...
For energy, request the available performance information but also examine the actual systems and how you would occupy the property. Previous bills can be misleading if household size or usage differed. A condo may benefit from adjoining units, but position within the building matters; a country...
My tentative process is: confirm what the tenancy agreement permits, validate the comparables, review payment and maintenance history, estimate realistic turnover cost and vacancy time, then decide whether an increase still produces a worthwhile net gain. I have not settled on how much weight...
I’m reviewing rents on a small multifamily in Manchester valued at £893,100. Current rent is about £5,098, while comparable asking rent appears close to £5,509. The tenant pays reliably and takes care of the home, so chasing the full £411 gap could be a false economy once vacancy, refurbishment...