Some people treat the asking price as the natural starting point for value; others will not rely on it without completed-transaction evidence. That disagreement is one of several Nairobi property issues worth unpacking here.
I work around this market and would like the discussion to focus on...
Yes, the 112 days is from the active listings I saved, so withdrawals are a gap. I also need to tighten the neighbourhood boundaries; nearby developments may not be genuine substitutes.
Would you separate developer stock from individual resales? My thought is to record new-listing volume...
Cutting the asking price early may attract financed buyers, but waiting for firmer evidence risks another long spell on the market. Neither conclusion feels convincing from the small sample I saved in October 2024.
These Nairobi new-build flats are advertised between KES 121,800,000 and KES...
A simple listing-by-listing table may help: first asking price, date of any reduction, current status, days marketed, condition, financing status if known, and whether a specific insurance issue was raised. That would show whether cuts cluster around a particular condition or merely happen after...
The “coastal homes” description needs resolving before doing more analysis. If that is a style or portal category rather than geography, say so; if coastal properties were accidentally mixed into a Nairobi search, discard the comparison. I would also use tighter neighbourhood boundaries and...
What exactly is the insurance concern—cost, unavailable cover, exclusions, or something arising from the building’s condition? Buyers cannot negotiate sensibly against a vague risk.
Also, is the 5.8% movement in asking prices or completed prices? If the sample crosses several Nairobi...