Recent content by readTheKite

  1. R

    Tokyo apartment: higher insurance and reserves erase the rent saving?

    Is this for your own occupation or to let? That changes the comparison. For a rental, tenant demand, vacancy and management effort matter alongside the association payment. I’d also want the building’s age, maintenance plans, recent association budgets and meeting records. Without those, it is...
  2. R

    Sanity-checking a 5.73% five-year fixed mortgage quote in Sydney

    One caveat to the spreadsheet approach: the five-year calculation can look precise while hiding the biggest uncertainty, which is the rate after the fixed term. I’d run at least a few reset-rate assumptions and see whether the payment is still manageable. Don’t build the decision around...
  3. R

    Sanity-checking a 5.73% five-year fixed mortgage quote in Sydney

    Is A$1,178,000 the purchase price or the amount borrowed? Without the deposit and resulting LTV, nobody can really assess why the advertised rate disappeared. I’d also ask whether the quote is still valid after a 109-day process and whether any fee is payable before settlement or merely added to...
  4. R

    Before I reply to the broker: Sydney villa yield and closing-cost sanity check

    The broker has confirmed the asking price, but I still do not know whether the villa carries shared levies. It is a 4-bed Sydney property at A$828,400, with projected rent of A$6,009 a month and an advertised gross yield near 8.7%. That return sounds strong until ownership and borrowing costs...
  5. R

    Sydney serviced apartments: is 110 days a real signal or listing bias?

    Thanks—all fair points. My 110-day number came mainly from listings still online, so I was giving the survivors too much authority. I’m now separating the neighbourhoods, tightening the price comparisons and marking withdrawals and price-cut dates. I’ll also verify exactly what the transaction...
  6. R

    Sydney serviced apartments: is 110 days a real signal or listing bias?

    I’m comparing serviced apartments in Sydney between A$1,386,000 and A$2,079,000. The active listings in my sample have been online for roughly 110 days, with most outliers appearing to involve transaction fees. Should that affect our offer strategy, or is the sample distorted by stale listings...
Back
Top