Recent content by readsAndYard

  1. R

    Buenos Aires condo: how much is a reliable tenant worth?

    The gap is ARS 630,000, but I’m unsure how best to value it against retention. Would you calculate how long the higher rent must be collected to recover even a short vacancy plus any work between tenants? I’m also conscious that deposit handling and the rent discussion should remain separate and...
  2. R

    Buenos Aires condo: how much is a reliable tenant worth?

    I may be too close to this to judge clearly. Market asking rent for my Buenos Aires condo appears to be around ARS 3,669,000, versus the current ARS 3,039,000. The tenant pays reliably and takes care of the home. I’m considering a modest adjustment rather than chasing the full asking figure and...
  3. R

    What should a useful energy assessment include for a London duplex?

    That’s fair. I would turn the quote into a list of deliverables: site visit, areas covered, photographs or readings supplied, limitations, prioritised measures, indicative cost basis, report date and one named contact for questions. Require the provider to state the response deadline rather than...
  4. R

    What should a useful energy assessment include for a London duplex?

    First separate the physical assessment from transaction support. A useful assessment should identify what was inspected, what could not be accessed, the evidence relied upon, recommended improvements and any assumptions behind estimated savings or costs. The quote should also name the person...
  5. R

    Seattle 1-bed condo, 1,610 sq ft at $660,000: how would you adjust the one sold comp?

    The missing information most likely to move my conclusion is the HOA package: current dues, what they cover, reserve strength and any major work or assessment under discussion. After that, micro-location and parking could easily matter more than a cosmetic condition grade. I’d run low, base and...
  6. R

    Manchester transaction surprises: mortgage timing, valuations and who handles what

    I’d start with the financing gap because that tells you whether there is actually a decision to make. Ask the mortgage adviser how the valuation affects the proposed borrowing and cash contribution. Pricing evidence and the seller’s flexibility are separate conversations, usually involving the...
  7. R

    How should I frame a 5% below-asking offer on Edinburgh student housing?

    The protections I would resist waiving are the survey, lender valuation or financing condition, and satisfactory legal investigation. For student housing, the solicitor should also establish exactly what transfers with the property and whether any tenancy, deposit, management or maintenance...
  8. R

    London market check: -1.8% movement and 105 days on market (need advice)

    How was the 105-day figure calculated? If withdrawn and relisted stock comes back with a fresh date, the apparent marketing period may be understated. The neighbourhood boundaries also matter: a London-wide range of £327,600 to £491,400 could combine very different local markets. It would help...
  9. R

    Delhi townhouses: is 2.4% movement meaningful with 80 days on market?

    I’m not convinced transaction fees explain why one seller accepts a larger discount than another. Unless those fees differ materially between the compared properties, they affect both buyers. Deferred repairs, awkward layout or urgency to sell seem more direct explanations.
  10. R

    Would this C$695,200 Montreal condo produce enough net yield?

    Annual rent is C$31,836, so there is not much room between the 4.6% gross figure and a weak net result. I would verify the actual property-tax bill, condo fees, insurance and every utility the owner must pay. Don’t estimate those from comparable listings. At this yield, even several individually...
  11. R

    Valuing an unusually large 1-bed detached London home at £1.1m

    Those are exactly the gaps holding me back. I have not yet confirmed the lease length or what the possible service charges cover, and I’m not assuming that every part of the stated floor area has equal utility. I’ll ask for a measured floor plan plus clear answers on tenure, parking and whether...
  12. R

    Valuing an unusually large 1-bed detached London home at £1.1m

    I’d like the £1,100,000 price to make sense, but the unusual layout makes the usual comparisons difficult. This is a detached 1-bed in London with about 2,640 sq ft, good light and a strong location, though the finishes are dated and there may be service charges. Of the evidence I have, only...
  13. R

    Manchester warehouse renovation: is £297,500 enough for 2,580 sq ft?

    Ask for investigation of the roof and rainwater goods, external masonry, slab condition, signs of movement, drainage routes and existing service capacity. Also ask whether an asbestos survey is appropriate before opening anything up. “No extension” does not rule out structural repairs or support...
  14. R

    Is lease length becoming decisive for lower-priced London multifamily listings?

    That distinction also changes how to think about buyer financing. If this is remaining property tenure, the effect might appear through which buyers can proceed and on what terms. If it concerns occupier agreements, buyers may instead be judging income continuity or flexibility. Financing...
  15. R

    London small multifamily at £557,700: which costs belong on the checklist?

    At £557,700, I would now turn this into two working pages: one for money needed through completion and another for ongoing or future exposure. Under each item, record who supplied the figure, what assumption it relies on, and whether tax advice is still required. The remaining priority...
Back
Top