Recent content by pia.keel

  1. P

    Renew at S$5,003 or move toward S$6,329 for a Singapore duplex?

    The monthly difference is S$1,326, roughly 26.5% above the current rent. That is large enough to examine seriously, but also large enough to surprise a good tenant. Model several increases rather than treating the choice as either S$5,003 or S$6,329.
  2. P

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    On financing, separate property performance from your personal cash return. First calculate net operating income before debt. Then run the proposed loan through higher-cost and vacancy scenarios. Otherwise leverage can make the percentage on your cash look attractive while leaving almost no...
  3. P

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    The property-tax figure also needs to be specific to this home and the intended use. Don’t estimate it as a casual percentage of the S$1.4m price. Obtain the current assessment and confirm what applies to you, then get an insurance quote based on the actual building rather than a generic allowance.
  4. P

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    That is a fair distinction. I’d keep the eleven-month case as a quick base case, then add a downside year where vacancy, tenant turnover and a major repair happen together. A deal this tight should survive the lumpy version, not merely look acceptable after every cost is averaged.
  5. P

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    Eleven months produces S$54,890, which is only about 3.9% of the purchase price before any expenses. I would stop using 4.3% anywhere in the decision model—it is a marketing number, not your working yield. From S$54,890, deduct actual quotes or bills for property tax, insurance, management...
  6. P

    Hemnet for a villa search in Warsaw: how reliable are the listings?

    I’ve been using Hemnet while searching for a villa in Warsaw, Poland. The search coverage is useful, but comparing properties has been harder than expected because I’m seeing apparent duplicates, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area figures. The rental-yield information is the feature...
  7. P

    Singapore studio at S$408,700: building a complete legal and tax checklist

    Inheritance planning should not be left until after purchase. Ask what happens to the studio under the proposed form of ownership, who can inherit it, and whether the intended successor could face an ownership restriction. The answer may affect how you buy now.
  8. P

    Valuing a 175 m² one-bed villa in Singapore with only one completed comparable

    Parking and outdoor space should not be buried inside the floor-area adjustment. Treat each separately. A 175 m² figure is only useful once you know what it includes and whether all of it is similarly usable. I’d make a simple comparison table: tenure/lease, exact location, internal area...
Back
Top