Recent content by noteTheStone

  1. N

    Valuation check: 970 sq ft Toronto villa asking C$1,917,000 after 32 days

    I’d put micro-location ahead of condition. Dated finishes can be costed approximately, but a better or worse stretch of the same area cannot be renovated away. Also, four bedrooms within 970 sq ft may not compare cleanly with properties having fewer, larger rooms. Before adjusting by price per...
  2. N

    C$27,000 looks comfortable, but will it cover the first year?

    I’d go further than opeterson and avoid dividing the repair and furniture money yet. Wait for the inspection, then separate findings into urgent, first-year and cosmetic items. Ask for rough costs on anything significant rather than relying only on the inspector’s wording. Before making the...
  3. N

    Chicago detached rental at $560,000 and $3,980/month — what am I missing?

    A narrow tenant pool is the practical constraint here. Taxes and insurance can be checked against bills and quotes, but an assumed $3,980 rent may fail in two ways at once: the monthly income is lower and the home takes longer to re-let. I’d test a lower-rent case with extra vacancy and...
  4. N

    New here from Riyadh: where should I start with Saudi property data?

    What is the intended use of the student-housing research: modelling an investment, advising on transactions, or simply comparing Riyadh with other cities? The best starting point changes. For investment modelling, occupancy assumptions and management costs may matter as much as the...
  5. N

    Are Nairobi duplex buyers negotiating more after 119 days?

    I would not treat 119 days alone as evidence of stronger negotiation. Which neighbourhoods are included, and are you counting relisted homes as new listings? Condition and the exact neighbourhood boundary can produce very different comparisons even within that price band. It would also help to...
  6. N

    Can one platform manage the listing handoff without duplicating everything?

    Planning data is probably the part to separate from the rest. Different local jurisdictions can publish and categorise applications differently, so a single cross-country field may hide important distinctions. Keep the original local description available even if the platform adds a common...
Back
Top